Southern Platte County Emergency Assistance Center (SPEAC)
SPEAC provides a food pantry serviced by volunteers to low income families in Southern Platte County. Last year the Harvest Ball Society generously provided funding for a new industrial refrigerator and freezer (shown in the photograph) enabling the pantry to provide nutritious foods, such as eggs, butter, vegetables, healthy fish (tilapia, salmon and cod) and a variety of meats (chicken, beef and pork).
- We appreciate that we get to choose what food we want and will use.
- Thank you for providing healthy food.
- I love salmon and cannot afford to buy it.
- I cannot tell you how much your support helped me and my family when I was unemployed. I now have a job and hope not to need you in the future.
- I appreciate the SPEAC food pantry.
- Can I really have a beef roast? I do not know when I last had a roast.
- I am not sure how my family would survive without your help.
- Thank you for providing food when we need it.
- While laid off from work, the pantry was a lifesaver.